WELCOME to Hanulcik FARM MARKET, APPLE Orchards, SUNFLOWER Patch, and STRAWBERRY Patch!
The 2020 strawberry season has concluded, and the market is closed for a brief hiatus before we reopen for the 2nd half of the season in a few weeks.
The second half of the season features our orchard crops & sunflowers. Details on pick-your-own and fresh-picked apples, sunflowers, and more will be posted SOON as we finalize harvest details and reopen dates.
Our peaches will be limited in availability due to the unusual late spring hard frosts we experienced this year, but we’ll share details soon in the coming weeks.
PICK YOUR OWN apples start in September (dates to be announced later this summer), and is a fun FALL family activity. Our orchard has smaller dwarf trees, making it fast & easy to pick apples right from the ground, no ladders required!
From our farm to your table: Savor the flavor of fresh-picked MICHIGAN GROWN apples OR pick-your own and SAVE!
HOURS OF OPERATION:
TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON — ON SELECTED WEEKENDS ONLY.
Feel free to bring your own containers to pick in to. Some people like to pick right in to their own buckets or bushel baskets so they can rinse their apples off as soon as they get home and start making their favorite recipes or applesauce. We will also have handy pick-your-own clear plastic apple bags for sale at the orchard (prices to be announced soon). Rainy/stormy weather can affect picking conditions, so it’s always a good idea to call ahead (616) 527-3630 to check pick-your-own conditions in the orchard before you come out.
We will be taking advance APPLE ORDERS:
Once we reopen for the late summer/fall season, please call the market at (616) 527-3630 to place your advance orders and ask about our new drive up service. Simply drive up to a designated area to pay for and pick up your advance apple order, without leaving your car when you use the new drive up service.
FARM MARKET & SUNFLOWER PATCH ADDRESS:
HANULCIK FARM MARKET & SUNFLOWER PATCH ADDRESS:
1425 STATE RD. (M-66), IONIA MI 48846.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
Our market also carries locally sourced honey, maple syrup, and scented goat milk soaps. APPLES, sunflowers, pumpkins, and cider are available during APPLE HARVEST SEASON in early September through October.
Our PICK YOUR OWN ORCHARD opens for APPLE SEASON in September 2020
PICK-YOUR-OWN ORCHARD ADDRESS:
740 DILDINE RD., IONIA MI 48846.
APPLE season 2020 hours to be announced in late summer.
– FRIDAY: To be announced in late summer 2020.
– SATURDAY: To be announced in late summer 2020.
– SUNDAY: To be announced in late summer 2020.
(or by special appointment)
PLEASE NOTE: PICK-YOUR-OWN apple orchard is open on SELECTED WEEKENDS ONLY in September & October (details will be announced in late summer 2020).
Pick your own hours can be affected by the weather, so always best to call ahead to make sure rain or inclement weather has not affected regular hours. Call (616) 527-3630. ALL AGES welcome in the strawberry patch or apple orchard, feel free to bring your containers to pick in to.
PLEASE NOTE: The farm market is open for APPLE SEASON in mid-September through October.
Michigan APPLES: A Flavor Worth Waiting For!
From our FARM to your TABLE: We grow SEVEN DELICIOUS varieties ripening throughout the season. Our early, mid and late season APPLES start with “Gala” and span the season with later varieties like “Northern Spy” and “Golden Delicious”. All our varieties are excellent for eating fresh, salads, desserts, applesauce, homemade apple butter, and perfect for your favorite recipes. Savor the flavor of FALL with delicious MICHIGAN GROWN apples.
CURRENT APPLE VARIETIES WE GROW:
- GALA: Crisp apple with a mellow sweet taste and aroma, excellent for eating fresh. Cooks well, too. Harvest time: Early September.
- EMPIRE: Known for their lovely white color and sweetly-tart depth of flavor. Firm texture stores well. Great as a lunch box snack! A delicious fresh eating apple, also good in salads, as caramel apples and for baking. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- McINTOSH: Lightly tart flavor and ultra-juicy. Great for eating fresh, fruit salads, pies and applesauce, they cook down like a Paula Red. Harvest time: Early September.
- GOLDEN DELICIOUS: Premier baking apple, pleasantly tart and gingery-smooth sweet flavor. Holds shape well when baked, excellent for pies, sauces and other baked desserts. Great dried OR fresh in salads. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- RED DELICIOUS: Excellent fresh eating apple with a full-flavored sweet taste. Yellowish flesh and crisp texture. Their deep red color and picture-perfect look makes them a great centerpiece in a fruit bowl. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- NORTHERN SPY: A classic, hard-to-find, old-fashioned heirloom style apple. Great baking apple, pleasantly tart and sweet, cooks and holds shape well when baked. The Northern Spy easily substitutes for a Granny Smith apple in recipes. Also excellent dried OR fresh in salads. Stores well. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- HONEY CRISP: Crisp, delicious sweetness, great apple for eating fresh or in salads or with fruit dips. Harvest time: Mid-September.
Our farm market also carries local honey & maple syrup, award winning HILLS BROTHERS cider, plus a line of locally-made goat milk soaps (infused with wonderful scents) during apple season.
Pick your own hours are weather dependent. Please call the market at (616) 527-3630 for updates on picking conditions.
HANULCIK FARM MARKET & SUNFLOWER PATCH LOCATION
PICK-YOUR-OWN APPLE ORCHARD
We are a third generation FRUIT FARM & FARM MARKET with locally-grown seasonal fruit from our farm to your family’s table since 1936. Our farm has been owned and operated by the same family for over 80 years in Ionia Michigan.
Our market is open seasonally during harvest times, with both fresh-picked and pick-your-own fruit starting in mid-June-early July with our delicious STRAWBERRIES, and mid-September through October with a wide variety of APPLES (including Honeycrisp and Northern Spy). PEACH SEASON LAUNCH will be 2019-2020. A NEW peach orchard has been planted, and our trees should be established and producing fruit soon, around 2020. Visit our local farm and market for fresh seasonal fruits harvested at their peak of freshness, local honey & maple syrup, and locally-made goat milk soaps.