WELCOME to Hanulcik Farm Market!
We are a third generation FRUIT FARM & FARM MARKET with locally-grown seasonal fruit from our farm to your family’s table since 1936. Our farm has been owned and operated by the same family for over 80 years in Ionia Michigan.
Our market is open seasonally during harvest times starting in mid-June-early July with our delicious STRAWBERRIES, and September-October with a wide variety of APPLES (including Honeycrisp and Northern Spy). PEACH SEASON LAUNCH will be 2019-2020. A NEW peach orchard has been planted. Our trees should be established and producing fruit in a year or two. Visit our local farm and market for fresh seasonal fruits harvested at their peak of freshness, local honey & maple syrup, and locally-made goat milk soaps.
2018 APPLE SEASON starts in SEPTEMBER:
We are closed for a brief hiatus until APPLE SEASON launches in SEPTEMBER, with a relaunch of PICK YOUR OWN apples and also fresh-picked apples at the market. Our pick-your-own orchard is open to ALL AGES, so bring the whole family for a kid-friendly, fun apple picking good time starting in September.
Savor the flavor of AUTUMN & FALL with HANULCIK APPLES starting in September! YOU-PICK or fresh-picked for you, we have seven DELICIOUS varieties ripening throughout the season. Our early, mid and late season varieties include:
- GALA: Crisp apple with a mellow sweet taste and aroma, excellent for eating fresh. Cooks well, too. Harvest time: Early September.
- EMPIRE: Known for their lovely white color and sweetly-tart depth of flavor. Firm texture stores well. Great as a lunch box snack! A delicious fresh eating apple, also good in salads, as caramel apples and for baking. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- McINTOSH: Lightly tart flavor and ultra-juicy. Great for eating fresh, fruit salads, pies and applesauce, they cook down like a Paula Red. Harvest time: Early September.
- GOLDEN DELICIOUS: Premier baking apple, pleasantly tart and gingery-smooth sweet flavor. Holds shape well when baked, excellent for pies, sauces and other baked desserts. Great dried OR fresh in salads. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- RED DELICIOUS: Excellent fresh eating apple with a full-flavored sweet taste. Yellowish flesh and crisp texture. Their deep red color and picture-perfect look makes them a great centerpiece in a fruit bowl. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- NORTHERN SPY: A classic, hard-to-find, old-fashioned heirloom style apple. Great baking apple, pleasantly tart and sweet, cooks and holds shape well when baked. The Northern Spy easily substitutes for a Granny Smith apple in recipes. Also excellent dried OR fresh in salads. Stores well. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- HONEY CRISP: Crisp, delicious sweetness, great apple for eating fresh or in salads or with fruit dips. Harvest time: Mid-September.
During apple season, our farm market will also carry local honey and maple syrup, sunflowers, pumpkins, squash, plus a line of locally-made goat milk soaps (infused with wonderful scents) during strawberry season.
FARM MARKET & PICK YOUR-OWN ORCHARD LOCATIONS & HOURS
2018 APPLE SEASON (September – October 31st):
Hanulcik Farm Market & Sunflower Patch location:
1425 N. State Rd (M-66), Ionia MI 48846 (1.5 miles north of M-21 at Dildine Rd.).
HOURS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
PICK-YOUR-OWN APPLE ORCHARD location:
740 Dildine Road (just west of our farm market, between M-66 and Haynor Road).
Open for pick-your-own apples THREE DAYS a week — Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
HOURS to be announced.
Opening day is weather dependent. Please subscribe to our email list for season opening and market updates, or call the market (616) 527-3630 for details.
If you want to pick your own, rain and other weather can affect picking conditions. We recommend you call us at (616) 527-3630 to confirm conditions before you come out to pick your own. Please contact us with any questions or to place orders during harvest seasons.
For three generations we’ve grown and perfected apples on our local family-owned farm in Ionia MI. We’re proud of our sweet, crisp and delicious Michigan apples picked at their peak of ripeness. Not only are apples are delicious and nutritious, but they’re high in disease-fighting antioxidants. Recent studies have focused on the heart health benefits and anti-cancer properties of several popular Michigan apple varieties.
HANULCIK FARM MARKET FRESH PICKED APPLES LOCATION
PICK-YOUR-OWN APPLE ORCHARD
2018 STRAWBERRY SEASON has wrapped up for the year:
Savor the flavor of SUMMER with HANULCIK STRAWBERRIES starting in mid-June through early July 2019. YOU-PICK or fresh-picked for you, we have six DELICIOUS varieties ripening throughout the season.
Our market is open seasonally during harvest times starting in mid-June-early July with our delicious STRAWBERRIES, then we reopen in SEPTEMBER-October with a wide variety of APPLES (including Honeycrisp). Visit our local farm and market for fresh seasonal fruits harvested at their peak of freshness.