WELCOME to Hanulcik FARM MARKET, PICK-YOUR-OWN APPLE Orchards and Strawberry Patch!
Our FARM MARKET opens FRIDAY, SEPT. 13 with fresh-picked apples, and the PICK-YOUR-OWN APPLE ORCHARD opens FRIDAY, SEPT. 20th.
The first of our 7 varieties we harvest at the start of apple season are early-season HONEYCRISP, GALA, and McINTOSH, with FOUR more mid and late season varieties ripening through October.
So stop in to the market starting Sept. 12 for fresh picked apples, OR visit our pick-your-own orchard starting Friday, Sept. 20. The pick-your-own orchard is open to ALL AGES. so bring the whole family for a kid-friendly, fun apple-picking good time!
Our FARM MARKET OPENS FRIDAY, SEPT. 13 for 2019 APPLE SEASON
HANULCIK FARM MARKET ADDRESS:
1425 STATE RD. (M-66), IONIA MI 48846.
OPEN 4 DAYS A WEEK starting SEPT. 13:
– THURSDAY 11am-6pm
– FRIDAY 9am-6pm
– SATURDAY 9am-5pm
– SUNDAY 11am-5pm
Our market has fresh-picked apples, locally sourced honey, maple syrup, and goat milk soap. Sunflowers, pumpkins, and cider are COMING SOON (late September/early October).
Our PICK YOUR OWN ORCHARD OPENS FRIDAY, SEPT. 20 for 2019 APPLE SEASON
PICK-YOUR-OWN ORCHARD ADDRESS:
740 DILDINE RD., IONIA MI 48846.
OPEN 3 DAYS A WEEK starting SEPT. 20:
– FRIDAY NOON-6pm
– SATURDAY 9am-5pm
– SUNDAY 11am-5pm
(or by special appointment)
PLEASE NOTE! PICK-YOUR-OWN apple orchard is open for 4 SELECTED weekends ONLY:
Sept. 20-22 – Gala, Mac, Honeycrisp, Empire (BEST weekend for Gala) varieties.
Sept. 27-29 – Honeycrisp, Mac, Empire, last of the Gala varieties.
Oct 4-6 – Red & Golden Delicious, Northern Spy varieties.
Oct 11-13 – Northern Spy, Red & Golden Delicious varieties.
Pick your own hours can be affected by the weather, so always best to call ahead to make sure rain or inclement weather has not affected regular hours. Call (616) 527-3630. ALL AGES welcome in the orchard, feel free to bring your containers to pick in to.
PLEASE NOTE: The farm market is open through October.
Michigan APPLES: A Flavor Worth Waiting For!
From our FARM to your TABLE: We grow seven DELICIOUS varieties ripening throughout the season. Our early, mid and late season apples start with “Gala” and span the season with later varieties like “Northern Spy” and “Golden Delicious”. All our varieties are excellent for eating fresh, salads, desserts, applesauce, homemade apple butter, and perfect for your favorite recipes.
CURRENT APPLE VARIETIES WE GROW:
- GALA: Crisp apple with a mellow sweet taste and aroma, excellent for eating fresh. Cooks well, too. Harvest time: Early September.
- EMPIRE: Known for their lovely white color and sweetly-tart depth of flavor. Firm texture stores well. Great as a lunch box snack! A delicious fresh eating apple, also good in salads, as caramel apples and for baking. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- McINTOSH: Lightly tart flavor and ultra-juicy. Great for eating fresh, fruit salads, pies and applesauce, they cook down like a Paula Red. Harvest time: Early September.
- GOLDEN DELICIOUS: Premier baking apple, pleasantly tart and gingery-smooth sweet flavor. Holds shape well when baked, excellent for pies, sauces and other baked desserts. Great dried OR fresh in salads. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- RED DELICIOUS: Excellent fresh eating apple with a full-flavored sweet taste. Yellowish flesh and crisp texture. Their deep red color and picture-perfect look makes them a great centerpiece in a fruit bowl. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- NORTHERN SPY: A classic, hard-to-find, old-fashioned heirloom style apple. Great baking apple, pleasantly tart and sweet, cooks and holds shape well when baked. The Northern Spy easily substitutes for a Granny Smith apple in recipes. Also excellent dried OR fresh in salads. Stores well. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- HONEY CRISP: Crisp, delicious sweetness, great apple for eating fresh or in salads or with fruit dips. Harvest time: Mid-September.
- Cash & Personal Checks.
- Visa and MasterCard.
- Senior Project Fresh coupons.
- WIC Project FRESH coupons.
- Bridge Card.
- We accept & distribute “Double Up Food Bucks” tokens.
Our farm market also carries local honey & maple syrup, award winning HILLS BROTHERS cider, plus a line of locally-made goat milk soaps (infused with wonderful scents) during apple season.
Pick your own hours are weather dependent. Please call the market at (616) 527-3630 for updates on picking conditions.
HANULCIK FARM MARKET LOCATION
PICK-YOUR-OWN APPLE ORCHARD
We are a third generation FRUIT FARM & FARM MARKET with locally-grown seasonal fruit from our farm to your family’s table since 1936. Our farm has been owned and operated by the same family for over 80 years in Ionia Michigan.
Our market is open seasonally during harvest times, with both fresh-picked and pick-your-own fruit starting in mid-June-early July with our delicious STRAWBERRIES, and mid-September through October with a wide variety of APPLES (including Honeycrisp and Northern Spy). PEACH SEASON LAUNCH will be 2019-2020. A NEW peach orchard has been planted, and our trees should be established and producing fruit soon, around 2020. Visit our local farm and market for fresh seasonal fruits harvested at their peak of freshness, local honey & maple syrup, and locally-made goat milk soaps.