WELCOME to Hanulcik FARM MARKET, APPLE Orchards, SUNFLOWER Patch, and STRAWBERRY Patch!
We reopen for APPLE SEASON on Friday, September 18, 2020. PICK YOUR OWN apples or stop by the market for fresh-picked apples, honey, maple syrup, and more. From our farm to your table: Savor the flavor of fresh-picked MICHIGAN GROWN apples OR pick-your own and SAVE!
PICK YOUR OWN apples is a fun FALL family activity. Our orchard has smaller dwarf trees, making it fast & easy to pick apples right from the ground, no ladders required! All ages are welcome in the orchard, and taste testing is encouraged while you pick.
The pick your own orchard is open THREE days a week, and the farm market is open FOUR days a week. Please see details & hours of operation listed below. From our farm to your table: Savor the flavor of fresh-picked MICHIGAN GROWN apples OR pick-your own and SAVE!
PLEASE NOTE: The pick your own orchard may close due to inclement weather (snow, hail, storms, or pouring rain). PICK YOUR OWN APPLES by special appointment is available, please call (616) 527-3630 to arrange an appointment outside of our scheduled hours.
Feel free to bring your own containers to pick in to. We also have handy pick-your-own clear plastic apple bags and baskets for sale at the orchard. Rainy/stormy weather can affect picking conditions, so it’s always a good idea to call ahead (616) 527-3630 to check pick-your-own conditions in the orchard before you come out.
We take advance APPLE ORDERS:
Please call the market at (616) 527-3630 to place your advance orders and ask about our new drive up service. Simply drive up to a designated area to pay for and pick up your advance apple order, without leaving your car when you use the new drive up service.
FARM MARKET ADDRESS:
HANULCIK FARM MARKET & SUNFLOWER PATCH ADDRESS:
1425 STATE RD. (M-66), IONIA MI 48846.
HOURS OF OPERATION (open FOUR days a week):
– THURSDAY: NOON-6.
– FRIDAY: NOON-6.
– SATURDAY: 9-5.
– SUNDAY: 11-5.
FRESH PICKED PRICES:
MCINTOSH, NORTHERN SPY, GALA, EMPIRE, RED OR GOLDEN DELICIOUS varieties:
– HALF BUSHEL: $11.
– PECK: $6.
– HALF PECK: $3.50.
– 1/4 PECK or 3 lbs “kid-sized” apples $2.50.
– BY THE POUND: $.89 cents per lb.
HONEYCRISP variety prices
– HALF BUSHEL: $24.
– PECK: $12.50.
– HALF PECK: $6.50.
– 1/4 PECK: $4.
– BY THE POUND: $1.29 per lb.
– HALF BUSHEL: $7.
– HONEYCRISP SAUCE VARIETY / HALF BUSHEL: $10.
Our market also carries locally sourced honey, maple syrup, and scented goat milk soaps. APPLES, pumpkins, cider and more are available during APPLE HARVEST SEASON in September through October.
Our PICK YOUR OWN APPLE ORCHARD is open September through mid-October 2020
PICK-YOUR-OWN ORCHARD ADDRESS:
740 DILDINE RD., IONIA MI 48846.
PICK YOUR OWN APPLE ORCHARD HOURS (open THREE days a week):
– FRIDAY: NOON-6.
– SATURDAY: 9-5.
– SUNDAY: 11-5.
(or by special appointment, call 616-527-3630 for info)
U-pick McIntosh, Empire, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Northern Spy varieties.
HALF BUSHEL: $8.
U-pick HONEYCRISP variety:
HALF BUSHEL: $20.
Feel free to bring your own baskets or buckets to pick into, or you can also buy picking bags & baskets at the orchard.
U-PICK SUPPLIES PRICING:
– Heavy-duty plastic 1/2 bushel size LINERS: .75 cents each.
– Half bushel BASKETS: $5 each.
PICK-YOUR-OWN APPLE ORCHARD SCHEDULE:
PICK YOUR OWN ORCHARD is open on 4 SELECTED WEEKENDS ONLY.
SEPT. 18-19-20: McIntosh and Honeycrisp varieties.
SEPT. 25-26-27: Honeycrisp, Empire, and McIntosh varieties.
OCT. 2-3-4: Exact varieties to be announced (depending on the weather), but will include Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, and Northern Spy.
OCT. 9-10-11: Exact varieties to be announced (depending on the weather), but will include Northern Spy, Red Delicious, and Golden Delicious.
Pick your own hours can be affected by the weather, so it’s always best to call ahead to make sure rain or inclement weather has not affected regular hours. Call (616) 527-3630 for updates. ALL AGES welcome in the strawberry patch or apple orchard, feel free to bring your containers to pick in to.
Michigan APPLES: A Flavor Worth Waiting For!
From our FARM to your TABLE: We grow SEVEN DELICIOUS varieties ripening throughout the season. Our early, mid and late season APPLES start with “Gala” and span the season with later varieties like “Northern Spy” and “Golden Delicious”. All our varieties are excellent for eating fresh, salads, desserts, applesauce, homemade apple butter, and perfect for your favorite recipes. Savor the flavor of FALL with delicious MICHIGAN GROWN apples.
CURRENT APPLE VARIETIES WE GROW:
- GALA: Crisp apple with a mellow sweet taste and aroma, excellent for eating fresh. Cooks well, too. Harvest time: Early September.
- EMPIRE: Known for their lovely white color and sweetly-tart depth of flavor. Firm texture stores well. Great as a lunch box snack! A delicious fresh eating apple, also good in salads, as caramel apples and for baking. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- McINTOSH: Lightly tart flavor and ultra-juicy. Great for eating fresh, fruit salads, pies and applesauce, they cook down like a Paula Red. Harvest time: Early September.
- GOLDEN DELICIOUS: Premier baking apple, pleasantly tart and gingery-smooth sweet flavor. Holds shape well when baked, excellent for pies, sauces and other baked desserts. Great dried OR fresh in salads. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- RED DELICIOUS: Excellent fresh eating apple with a full-flavored sweet taste. Yellowish flesh and crisp texture. Their deep red color and picture-perfect look makes them a great centerpiece in a fruit bowl. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- NORTHERN SPY: A classic, hard-to-find, old-fashioned heirloom style apple. Great baking apple, pleasantly tart and sweet, cooks and holds shape well when baked. The Northern Spy easily substitutes for a Granny Smith apple in recipes. Also excellent dried OR fresh in salads. Stores well. Harvest time: Mid-September to early October.
- HONEY CRISP: Crisp, delicious sweetness, great apple for eating fresh or in salads or with fruit dips. Harvest time: Mid-September.
Our farm market also carries local honey & maple syrup, award winning HILLS BROTHERS cider, plus a line of locally-made goat milk soaps (infused with wonderful scents) during apple season.
Pick your own hours are weather dependent. Please call the market at (616) 527-3630 for updates on picking conditions.
HANULCIK FARM MARKET & SUNFLOWER PATCH LOCATION
PICK-YOUR-OWN APPLE ORCHARD
We are a third generation FRUIT FARM & FARM MARKET with locally-grown seasonal fruit from our farm to your family’s table since 1936. Our farm has been owned and operated by the same family for over 80 years in Ionia Michigan.
Our market is open seasonally during harvest times, with both fresh-picked and pick-your-own fruit starting in mid-June-early July with our delicious STRAWBERRIES, and mid-September through October with a wide variety of APPLES (including Honeycrisp and Northern Spy). PEACH SEASON LAUNCH will be 2019-2020. A NEW peach orchard has been planted, and our trees should be established and producing fruit soon, around 2020. Visit our local farm and market for fresh seasonal fruits harvested at their peak of freshness, local honey & maple syrup, and locally-made goat milk soaps.